3 Day Twelve Apostles Walk 58 kms, Self-Guided
The 12 Apostles Walk is the isolated and rugged final three days of the Great Ocean Walk. This remote 58km section of track is known as the 'Wild Side' and is perfect for the adventurer short on time. Walking pack free, you'll end your trip at the iconic Twelve Apostles.
Standard and Premium Accommodation Pricing
YOU'LL COMPLETE 58 KMS OF THE GREAT OCEAN WALK IN 3 DAYS
Day 1: Aire River to Milanesia Gate – 20km
Day 2: Milanesia Gate to The Gables – 18km
Day 3: The Gables to Twelve Apostles – 19.5km
Before Your Adventure Begins
Walk91 look forward to welcoming you on arrival with your own personal walk briefing. We will hand you a map, tide chart, walk notes, emergency position-indicating radio beacon (EPIRB) & phone, if needed. You will start your journey with our Walk91 team feeling relaxed, confident & safe in the knowledge that we are never far away and you can call us at any time!
Day 1 - Aire River to Milanesia Gate
We’ll give you a packed lunch for your first day’s walk. This section of the walk features rocky escarpments and coastal views. You will pass heath land, wild flowers and grass trees. Be prepared for some beach walking as you drop down onto Johanna Beach. Look out for birds such as the majestic wedge-tailed eagles and white bellied sea eagles. Then you climb upwards alongside picturesque farmland valley before heading towards Milanesia.
Day 2 - Milanesia to The Gables
The trail descends onto the rugged shoreline of Milanesia Beach. As the track rises back to the cliff tops you are presented with outstanding views from the coastal forests, high on the sea cliffs. Walk on through the blue gums, ending amongst the heath at the breathtaking Gables Lookout.
Day 3 - The Gables to the 12 Apostles
Your last day will start with a walk through the Sheoak trees, dropping down onto historical Wreck Beach with its old anchors rising out of the sand. Hike on towards the Gellibrand estuary and as the track climbs up to the last section of the walk you will see the iconic 12 Apostles in the distance. At the end of your walk you can celebrate with a photo from the official 12 Apostles viewing platform. We will collect you at 4pm and transfer you back to Apollo Bay (arriving at approx 5:30pm).
GOOD TO KNOW
- You may extend your walk to include a night’s stay in Port Campbell. Please ask us for a quote. More details are available on the FAQ page
- We can lend you walking poles if you would like them.
- We can lend you a mobile phone if you are visiting from overseas.
- Transfers to and from your start and finish points are included where required.
- Detailed transportation options to and from Apollo Bay are available on the FAQ page.
- We are happy to cater for any special dietary needs (please let us know when you book).
- It’s important to be prepared for your walk. See the FAQ page for tips.
- If this particular walk is too long or too short for you, please refer to our other multi-day walking options or call us for a chat on (+61 3 5237 1189)