3 DAY TWELVE APOSTLES WALK, SELF-GUIDED
The 12 Apostles Walk is the isolated and rugged final three days of the Great Ocean Walk. This challenging 53.5km walk is known as the 'Wild Side' and is the perfect walk for the adventurer short on time. You'll end your trip at the iconic Twelve Apostles.
Standard and Premium Accommodation Pricing
YOU'LL COMPLETE 53.5 KMS OF THE GREAT OCEAN WALK IN 3 DAYS
Before Your Adventure Begins
Walk91 will provide a short, personalised briefing the day before you start your walk. We’ll give you a map, tide chart, walk notes and emergency position-indicating radio beacon (EPIRB). Plus, we’ll answer any questions you have and explain your itinerary and other important information. Remember that we are never far away and you can call us any time!
Day 1 - Castle Cove to Milanesia Gate
We’ll give you a packed lunch for your first day’s walk. This section of the walk features rocky escarpments and coastal views. You will pass heath land, wild flowers and grass trees. Be prepared for some beach walking as you drop down onto Johanna Beach. Look out for birds such as the majestic wedge-tailed eagles and white bellied sea eagles. Then you climb upwards alongside picturesque farmland valley before heading towards Milanesia.
Day 2 - Milanesia to The Gables
The trail descends onto the rugged shoreline of Milanesia Beach. As the track rises back to the cliff tops you are presented with outstanding views from the coastal forests, high on the sea cliffs. Walk on through the blue gums, ending amongst the heath at the breathtaking Gables Lookout.
Day 3 - The Gables to the 12 Apostles
Your last day will start with a walk through the Sheoak trees, dropping down onto historical Wreck Beach with its old anchors rising out of the sand. Hike on towards the Gellibrand estuary and as the track climbs up to the last section of the walk you will see the iconic 12 Apostles in the distance. At the end of your walk you can celebrate with a photo from the official 12 Apostles viewing platform. We will collect you at 4pm and transfer you back to Apollo Bay (arriving at approx 5:30pm).
GOOD TO KNOW
- You may extend your walk to include a night’s stay in Port Campbell. Please ask us for a quote. More details are available on the FAQ page
- We can lend you walking poles if you would like them.
- We can lend you a mobile phone if you are visiting from overseas.
- Transfers to and from your start and finish points are included where required.
- Detailed transportation options to and from Apollo Bay are available on the FAQ page.
- We are happy to cater for any special dietary needs (please let us know when you book).
- It’s important to be prepared for your walk. See the FAQ page for tips.